What is HIPPY?
Home Interaction Programme for Parents and Youngsters
What is HIPPY about?
- It is an educational programme you do in your own home, with your own child for 15 minutes a day.
- It is to help children to become successful school pupils.
- It is to assist families to provide their children with a
- quality pre- school programme.
- The cost to the family is $1:00 per week ($30 per year)
How does HIPPY work for you?
- It’s a 2 year programme
- 30 weeks per year.
- For children aged 3 ½ to 4 ½ years.
- 15 minutes per day 5 days per week
- Takes place in your own home.
- A prepared programme of story books, language development activities, problem solving, sorting, grouping and more.
- Full support, training and mentoring given.
The Hippy Method
- Helps develop a more positive relationship between the child and the parent
- Helps prepare the child to confidently enter school.
- Gives parents and caregivers the opportunity to participate more fully in the schooling of their child.
- Parents and tutors are supported in their roles as parents and educators
- Increases the opportunities for parents and tutors to seek employment or to go on to further education.
- Is fun, exciting and activity based.